Online Bangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unlimited World Final - Update Thread

+5
DannyG267
Dalags
Deano763
Ryano
Lee606
9 posters

Go down

Unlimited World Final - Update Thread Empty Unlimited World Final - Update Thread

Post  Lee606 Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Okie dokie,

Well,I put a message earlier in the DP topic asking for the DP's/Admin approval for me to make a statement,pubically on here.They agreed,I told them it was for the good of the league and that was all so this will be the first time they are reading this too.

Some of it will be my own personal opinions,some of it is explaniation,some is fact,As you all know a lot of shit went down at the world final (it usually does) and this year has been a major headache,The Admin/DP's have had to give up plenty of their time,Ive had to waste a stupid amount of time going through stuff but it was the nature of certain complaints that made me write this thread really.The number of small complaints that were attempts at getting certain people banned,The buck stops with me at TNB.If the shit hits the fan,im the first one to cop it.

Some people were not happy with certain things and appealed as was their right to do so,so first and formost id like to address a few of those issues...

The complaint/list that was sent in about 763.. that was sent by the person complaining,to someone else and forwarded onto me,Somethings gone wrong somewhere and ill take responsibility for that getting mixed up,lost etc

You state 2 weeks per offence for everything. Why is this the case? Infielding is surely more of a serious offence than attacking from the shale, in some cases with only 2 wheels on the shale at the time.
Ever since i took over a few years back,The DP system was reviewed and a format was put in place which was agreed on by all members at the time.2 weeks per offence was agreed on,Prior to my running the league,TNB had a lot of idiots and the meetings used to get called off or not run the following weeks,It was a stiff penalty but its intention was to sort the dickheads out that used to get a kick from messing things up for everyone else.
Infielding,attacks from the shale,oppo,whats the difference? The purpose of all those is to take a car out and they all do it just as well as each other so in our opinion,all are equal.
2 wheel hits on the shale were legal at the world final,4 wheels were not.

Sandbagging...I recognise sandbagging is not allowed, according to the TNB rules, but no given definition of the term is to be found in the rules. So I am assuming you’ll be going by the standard ‘sandbagging in racing’ definition on Wikipedia.
The basic principle of "sandbagging" is "underperforming" slowing your car down whilst moving in the correct direction in order to do something underhand,regardless of what that underhand thing may turn out to be.you listed various different american versions such as deliberately avoiding cars which are specific to certain types of races but the basic principle is the same,Slowing down whilst travelling in the correct direction.Your car is underperforming because it has the ability to go faster but you choose not to and your target will catch up behind you a lot quicker.

You might argue that holding back my car to stop or slow down other drivers is sandbagging, yet this is allowed on the bends in form of attacking on opposite. If attacking on opposite is classed as sandbagging, then I will accept a ban on the condition that anyone else who attacked on opposite (sandbagged) is also given a ban. I recognise attacking on opposite is allowed in your TNB rules, so I am not expecting to be punished for this.
No,On oppo its travelling in the opposite direction,oppo meaning opposite,Sandbagging is travelling in the correct direction but deliberately slower than race pace.

Gaz998 you got a reply here since you went public lol > https://thursdaynightbangers.rpg-board.net/t617-ban-appeal
Crewe491 did you once off the shale in the world final,the rest were legal with 2 wheels off,There was also no pin i saw on 127 in that race.
Toward27 you got a reply via PM
Im sure im missing someone else :/ Anyways

Dalags & Deano...
Where the hell do i start with this one,Without a doubt recently theres been a lot of shit going down in WNB thats carrying over to other leagues and that night it was rife at the world final.
I know theres been a feud going on with 760 & 763 and also 177 & 109
Toward27 was involved on the night too and it was all a big mish mash between all of you.

Im going to level,Ive watched the replays countless times and the standard of driving was total shite! 763 was getting leaned by 177,760 & 27 and 763 was leaning back as much as he could.I dont give a shit who started it,you were responsible and its ended up with 177 & 763 comitting some mega offences.

Heres a recap after wasting even more hours of my life yesterday

So based on the 2 wheels on the shale being legal and the 4 wheels on it being illegal and two weeks ban per offence

763 - 38 WEEK BAN
&
177 - 50 WEEK BAN

Not good,But... (and this rarely happens because i dont like seeing people banned) Im going to offer an olive branch regarding the bans.
Heres what id like to happen,Dalags & Deano...Id like both your words (and handshakes) in this thread that your willing to wipe the slate clean and do things properly between you here? Thats no Infielding,Oppo down straights,Inside of the bend attacks,No pinning and No leaning in order to provoke each other.
You do it by the book,That also concerns 760 & 27 on 763 too,you both do it the correct way also please,
I dont give a shit what you do on WNB,MNW,UK Dirt etc Thats up to admin there how they want to deal with you.
I dont want mine and the DP's time wasted with petty crap week after week.

If you both agree then we'll change to a 12 week suspended each and your back racing this week,
Also...And heres the catch... if you both agree,guys like Boss,Gaz,Jonesey, will also change to a suspended and be back racing this week too.

The choice is yours 177,763,27,760,109 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

However if you dont agree and want to keep being leaning annoying dickheads towards each other you can serve the bans,
If you agree but then carry on as you were with the gay shit then youll have the original bans back.
Toward there was an addition blatent infield from you on 763 in heat 1 that was missed before too

Anyways,i think thats being very very fair,over to you...

Last edited by Lee606 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

https://thursdaynightbangers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Unlimited World Final - Update Thread Empty Re: Unlimited World Final - Update Thread

Post  Ryano Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 pm

If the shit hits the fan,im the first one to cop it.
Dont I just know that feeling!!

I'm fine with that, was writing a full on explaination, but it doesnt need one really, far as I'm aware, I did nothing outside of the rules that night yet 763 did to me, so i made a list, i like lists....some say Woka sold me his notepad for the night! Laughing
Ryano
Ryano
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Unlimited World Final - Update Thread Empty Re: Unlimited World Final - Update Thread

Post  Lee606 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Good man,No.Its been said already,Nothing to add mate,A fair offer is there for everyone,It just needs handshakes now,

Last edited by Lee606 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Deano763 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 pm

i agree with it and im also happy to shake on it and put it all behind us
Deano763
Deano763
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Well done Dean
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalags Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Odd end decision to come out with, but can see why you've chosen it.

Whether it's fair or not is always going to be debatable.
Don't think anyone will deny the DP team made some serious mistakes which where promptly addressed when the bans where first posted up. The main issue for me being complaints where ignored, and the bans lacked consistency. An example is that Dean had a 6 week ban, but now has a proposed 38 after complaints where reviewed (twice)

Don't have a lot to defend my actions with really, but suppose I better state a few things
I didn't realise that in the Allcomers oppo up the straight was allowed? Since it did not actually say anywhere in the rules. Hopefully this will be amended and clearly stated in the MI etc before the next meeting
If this would have been a domestic meeting (unlims at wimbo) I would have attacked off the shale in the same style I did all night, BUT would have it been put under the microscope like this? and a mega ban proposed? Bet tonnes go on at domestics but get overlooked because they aren't title races etc
LOADS of both mine and Deans attacks off the shale where literally right on the edge of it (and in my eyes, really petty things to pick up on) but in the current TNB rule book, they're illegal. 2 week ban for attacking of the edge of the shale, 2 week ban for cutting the entire track and infielding someone...I don't think that's fair and have brought it up, so hope it's being considered changing or adapting for the future.

I think it's only fair on the DP team for the matter to be finished, as I know there have been a hell of a lot of accusations, complaints and appeals that have had to be dealt with. No ones certainly been 'let off' their bans. The real end result is that clearer rules have been put in place (sandbagging and allcomers stuff) and hopefully the DP team and TNB as a whole can improve because of this. Plus myself and others will be on suspended bans for the next few months or weeks

Debating whether the reaction to me not agreeing to keep it clean on TNB, would be worth a year long ban...... Razz
But seriously, I do like this league tbh, recon the Admin/DP's are fair 90% of the time, good fixtures, good racing, good attitudes, plenty of experienced regulars, modders get caught, fair racing, bonus points for racing tin....so yeah go on then.
I will, to the best of my ability, not intentionally break rules when coming into contact with 763 Dean 'ban em' Benham (on TNB only)

Alsoooo
You've mentioned a feud between me and Rob109. Rob if you read this, I don't have a problem with you randomly leaning me in on the first bend of the first race, as you never cry about it if I give it back. Haven't reported you for anything, it's just been picked upon whilst the admin/dp's where watching the replays i guess.

Think I've spent 2 hours typing and carefully wording this reply up...So bed time now; and I'll see you all on Thursday Wink (except Lee who should have a 2 week ban for swearing on the forum^!)

Dalags
Dalags
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyG267 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 am

fs! dalags al wayz gets me lee m8 i waz hopin he was banned for abit to giv me a big of freedum m8, i dont agree to thiz, these blacks always get away with stuff like this :/ Cool cos i can!

DannyG267
White Grade
White Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  theboss Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:21 am

Ryano wrote:
If the shit hits the fan,im the first one to cop it.
Dont I just know that feeling!!

I'm fine with that, was writing a full on explaination, but it doesnt need one really, far as I'm aware, I did nothing outside of the rules that night yet 763 did to me, so i made a list, i like lists....some say Woka sold me his notepad for the night! Laughing

Woka used a notepad, you needed an A4 writing pad!!

Hmm, nothing about me, very disappointed I must say.
theboss
theboss
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

http://www.thegreenwebsitecompany.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jay_297 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:11 am

what ever happened to the good old days were when racing was brill ie:2005/2008 those were the best online racing days if someone done u u done it back and that was the end of it to many ppl now take it to serious tbh and thats why its got out of hand hopefully this will sort out all the differences in tnb and get back to decent racing well we can wish lol

jay_297
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 am

It was an odd decision but one i thought would benefit the league,Benefit everyone involved and benefit the future of TNB.

Allcomers has always been oppo on the straights permitted for as long as i can remember,even before i took over?

If it was a domestic meeting and you were caught doing it,bans would still have been issued,and have been in the past for multiple offences.

I agree they were petty and also very time consuming to go through,But where do you draw the line,It has to be somewhere or the consequences wont be consistant and that in turn causes even more hassle and headaches.
Second point taken on board and will be reviewed.

Im certainly glad the whole issue is now put to rest and positive things that you mentioned + some others will come out of all this.

Thanks for the compliments!

Nothing more to add except thanks for seeing sence and ill sum up shortly Smile

And Jay well said,i hope so mate!

Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludd33 Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 am

handled that well there lee and given everyone a chance well in mate
Ludd33
Ludd33
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks mate,Right the above is all in force so play nicely with each other please all concerned.
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  rob-109 Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

dalags wrote:
Alsoooo
You've mentioned a feud between me and Rob109. Rob if you read this, I don't have a problem with you randomly leaning me in on the first bend of the first race, as you never cry about it if I give it back. Haven't reported you for anything, it's just been picked upon whilst the admin/dp's where watching the replays i guess..

I don`t have a problem with you dalags ( well i did at 1st ) from a hit/lean you did on me ages back so got it in my head to pay you back with the same move every race we were in, as good as i gave it you i got payed back from you, started to enjoy are (as lee says) feud. Think you have a great attitude dalags as i have never had 1 bad pm from you crying or moaning, thats why i have never or have reported you for anything

Lee

I think the problem you have is peoples attitudes, some like to think its ok to lean/left turn or do lame hits but when you pay them back you get a crap pm or they go report you
One person on here thought it was so funny to keep crashing in the back of me on the line up then lean me in before 1st corner, just let him come to the side of me then bang there you go smart arse left turn the full st8 got a great pm saying what a Knob i was then a frendly warning from the RM
If you don`t want to be left turn or have gay hits on you .............. don`t do it to other people

rob-109
Noob Grade
Noob Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down