Online Bangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physics and Possible Changes

+4
Jamie720
theboss
affro740
Ryano
8 posters

Go down

Physics and Possible Changes Empty Physics and Possible Changes

Post  Ryano Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Right, what cars do you want to see changed speed wise, more slowing down than speeding up. Cant do much with old yanks as no matter what I do they'll be huge.

Currently on the list are:

Calibra
Impala
94Sunny (again)

Anything you guys want changed? I'll give you until next Thursday (a whole week) to tell us.
Ryano
Ryano
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Physics and Possible Changes Empty Re: Physics and Possible Changes

Post  affro740 Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm

not speed related but the volvo 240 estate could do with some stonger wheels, somink similar to the strength of the ones on the 264 would be good
affro740
affro740
Blue Grade
Blue Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  theboss Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:10 am

Yh the calibra is stupidly fast lol!! Yes I know in real life a calibra or mondeo would piss over a granny these days but its a game, here's my thoughts.

Why not make all 2ltrs same spec, all unlims same spec etc. Not just speed wise, but strength (wheels etc) as well.

I want to use more japs/jags/volvos but am forced to stick to a granny cos they are a good all rounder. If the physics were the same for each car then surely we would get more variety at a meeting, not just granny rods??

I know in real life it isnt like that but this is a game lads, and to make the game more fun and get people back racing i think all chassis should be equal.
theboss
theboss
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

http://www.thegreenwebsitecompany.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie720 Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:26 am

Snappers Xj6 ? Or has this been done?
Jamie720
Jamie720
White Grade
White Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 am

Boss,have a play with some of the stuff youve mentioned,you might be suprised,
Loads of the japs were beefed up cedric,crowns,280c,laurel etc to make them more competitive around the time of the first mega update at the start of this year,the back wheels were chocolate weak before,the balance is pretty good now with them starting to appear more regulary,

maybe Ryano can comfim this,im sure we put stuff like the common jags and volvos on equal settings to the grannys? because that was the intention back then,to even out the "granny rods"

At the moment the balance is pretty good, P5BC won the final last night,week before it was a 4LitreR so if you bring a granny these days theres no sure way it will win the final,loads of other stuff is on the pace with them,

As for individual stuff
Impala,Calibra & sunny as mentioned above

Id personally like to see some of the bigger yanks like the 50s caddy,57 fury,72 country etc etc slowed down because on these x tracks in their current state they are granny beaters which imo is totally unrealistic,make them slower but a bit stronger to compensate,

A lot of the classics we already did,

im sure we already did the p100,a lot of the new stuff like regs range was all on A60 physics pretty much,

New van physics are in the pipeline when time allows

Id like to see the wedge princesses become 1800s cause they never get used in the overs,

Haadee,Any chance you can resize the Mercedes 600 Pullman please mate?

Id love to see a Daimler DS Hearse with a lowline roof and a good under 2 litre RWD hearse like a cranford,maybe one day lol
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

https://thursdaynightbangers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryano Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:02 pm

We didnt sort the old XJ's and Voles because of the new ones that came out which are better models with better physics which meant they are hardly used anyway. I used a Jag XJ6c earlier this year and found it to be decent so I dont see the point in changing that model anyway.
P100 is on Anglebox physics so that'll need changing and the 2ltr jap rear wheels weren't sorted.
We didnt use snappers jag as it overwrote the old one, which we prefered as it wasnt a rocket.
Yanks are a sticky subject due to their size. Will see what is possible with them but they may take longer to do than the rest, they WILL be banned for WF's this year and probably done before next year.

Ryano
Ryano
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane988 Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Oops, fudge!

Wrong button from me, Kane said something along lines of why change em now when people have already won titles and scored loads of points in em. Cant we just use Randalls.

Kane988
Noob Grade
Noob Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  affro740 Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:34 pm

thing with yanks is if you slow them down anymore their gunna be crap cos you can't keep up to do follow ins and big hits etc, to be fair anyone with a decent setty can make practically any car go fast weather it be in a yank or a granny. look at my yank at shootout, it flew, but my previous yank at shakedown was slow as hell because of the setty difference.

also regarding the volvos being made faster, imo they don't need to be because the physics the 240 is on atm are perfect, i've won several races in one, the only problem i have is the weak sups.
affro740
affro740
Blue Grade
Blue Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:07 am

Ryano wrote:We didnt sort the old XJ's and Voles because of the new ones that came out which are better models with better physics which meant they are hardly used anyway. I used a Jag XJ6c earlier this year and found it to be decent so I dont see the point in changing that model anyway.
P100 is on Anglebox physics so that'll need changing and the 2ltr jap rear wheels weren't sorted.
We didnt use snappers jag as it overwrote the old one, which we prefered as it wasnt a rocket.
Yanks are a sticky subject due to their size. Will see what is possible with them but they may take longer to do than the rest, they WILL be banned for WF's this year and probably done before next year.

The p100 aint on old anglia physics,its much more stable now,its like trabant physics of something,
I believe we only did the laurel, the 929 est and others wernt changed,a lot of unlimited japs were,
Agreed on the xj6 issue.

We have people talking about reality and people talking about it being a game so its all about finding that middle ground,In reality yanks are big and strong but never really on the pace,so slowing them down but making them last longer with rads etc would be an incentive to use them because you know then they will go the distance? where as the back wheels and rad go on your granny if you aint careful,

stuff like grannys,XJ's,volvos etc should be fast obv but reducing their survival rate through rad and susp could be the answer,rear wheel damage is set on "2" across the board for all that kind of stuff anyways,You then have the issue of the model and if it protects the wheels which is also a factor but then it all varies from track to track anyways,tarmac shale,tight track eg HQ,fast track eg Brum

I always thought that its the granada mk2 thats the yardstick all others should be judged on to get the game balance right,

As for yanks,if your fast i think the difference is this,you can set your fastest lap in a granny,then try a impala or cadillac and go .4 faster,i think thats the only issue really,it should be .4 slower,

Imo grannys,jags,most volvos,most japs,omegas,scorpios etc are all pretty much even these days,theres nothing in the lap times really seperating them
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  affro740 Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am

thing is lee, you want to phase out the "granny rods" by making all the common unlimiteds the same? i mean whats the point, you might aswell stick to your granny rods then... each car should be unique and handle differently, thats why i like the 240 estate, its a challenge to drive but once you get going it will fly. the next thing that is total poo is why should the 240 estate wheels be softer?? their too weak as it is imo, and in a real life situation the volvo back axle has to be one of the hardest out there, even when their at the cage i've seen 240 estate drive off the track and to be fair volvos a wrecking tool, so why make them softer :/
affro740
affro740
Blue Grade
Blue Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  affro740 Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:21 am

Lee 200 asked me to post his say:

As far as im aware the majority of cars within the mod are based upon similar physics, ie power torque etc, its just the sheer size of the wheelbase of the yanks combined with their weight that gives them any form of advantage over others.

The volvo definately needs stronger wheels, fair enough Lee managed to fight the suspension damage one time that they duly get but imo it damages far too easily on the rear, front ones i feel should be the same as lets be honest 8/10 your more than likely to damage front wheels than rear.

The mk2 shouldnt be the yardstick/benchmark, there shouldnt be a single car that can be judged by the next as they are ALL different.

Im not entirely sure about wheel damage being edited altogether though, as doesnt it have something to do with the chassis and body width? Which surely means re-modelling?

Lee, if the yanks are meant to be .400 slower why dont you go to warneton or watch some of their racing along with Arena Essex. They are two common tracks that have Yanks used on original running gear/axles or other v8 axle swaps and are just as quick if not faster than mk2's due to the sheer size of the straights. Thats realism for you.

Yanks need the momentum to hit things, if you make them slower their wont be enough of it, you could make them heavier??

Also why does the merc 600 pullman need resizing?
affro740
affro740
Blue Grade
Blue Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryano Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:23 am

RE: Merc 600, its well out of proportion. Far, far too low/squidged down and probably not long enuff.

Course, we could just follow UkDirt and ban yanks apart from a couple of meetings a year, works well there...
Ryano
Ryano
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  munch483 Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:27 am

i dont want yanks banning i like seeing them regularly thats prob not realistic but its a game

personally dont think ive come across a car that has major problems etc and i try use anything and everything Very Happy

munch483
Noob Grade
Noob Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  South#108 Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:17 am

I personally think, all cars should be as realistic to real life as they can , if they became equal yeah you will get a lot of mixed cars, but then you lose advantages and disadvantages of the car you chose, which i think where the fun factor is, some chose cars to rod and some chose cars to wreck, if you had a ford fiesta and a granny wrecking each other and the fiesta lasted as long as the granny, that would become boring, as said above , I see a lot of cars winning part from Granny's, think its more to do with setting the car up, if you wanted to control the use of granny's. then perhaps ban the Granny's from unlimited or every other unlimited meet, bit like the firecracker at arena ban granny's part from limos and hearse's,.
South#108
South#108
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:15 am

I actually agree with most of the first part of that ^
I personally get a kick out of using a "crap" car and being competitive in it,winning races and beating the faster lads,

I dont believe banning grannys at standard unlim meets or banning yanks is the way forward though,

As was said above too,A lot of race wins recently including finals havnt been won by grannys so the balance isnt that far off the mark with regards to the original point,We just need a few tweaks here and there.
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:34 am

Any more Comments/Feedback from anyone?
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend