Online Bangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on?

+6
Dalags
Dazza390
smith226
Ginge717
affro740
10 posters

Go down

Whats going on? Empty Whats going on?

Post  affro740 Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 pm

In recent months on TNB there seems to have been a rather noticeable slip in the way things have been run and how people have been disciplined, or lack of. With bans issued this week for offences that happened weeks ago and other offences let slip, many can't help but wonder, what is going on? The Dp team seem to hardly communicate and complaints get ignored for weeks on end, the majority of swearing gets overlooked as do on track incidents. The dp team may not be all eyes but surely they witness the majority of the stuff that goes on, so why turn a blind eye?

Look at the bans issued this week, they reflect how how little the DP's are communicating. 6 weeks for Dylan with 8 suspended and no explanation, Ernie 4 weeks but it took the DP team 3 weeks to respond. These issues really need sorting out a.s.a.p if the league is to continue as "the" free league to race because thats fast slipping away. Several complaints were recently submitted from various drivers and nothing has been done about it for weeks/never done. Its not alot to ask for basic discipline when rules are broken but some weeks these rules seem to apply and the next they don't.

Seeing as the Dp team back tracked so will we, lets take a look at a few recent incidents..

Whats going on? 2litre10
Whats going on? 2litre11
Whats going on? 2litre12
Whats going on? 2litre13

Rover Wqr, these shots are purely from the final, with several making use of the infield.
Whats going on? Rovers10
Whats going on? Rovers11
Whats going on? Rovers12
Whats going on? Rovers13
Whats going on? Rovers14
Whats going on? Rovers15
Whats going on? Rovers16
Whats going on? Rovers17
Whats going on? Rovers18
Whats going on? Rovers19
Whats going on? Rovers20
Whats going on? Rovers21
Whats going on? Rovers22
Whats going on? Rovers23
Whats going on? Rovers24
Whats going on? Rovers28
Whats going on? Rovers26

And some Recent swearing
Whats going on? 2litre14

Whats going on? 2litre15

Whats going on? 2litre16

Whats going on? 2litre17

Whats going on? 2litre18

Whats going on? Icebre10

Whats going on? Icebre11

Whats going on? Stoke_10

To top this off last night, 2 currently BANNED drivers raced the whole meeting who also swore on a number of occasions without a word being said, its beyond anyone how they got away with it but also how not one of the admins noticed.

Repeat offenders, maybe bring back the doubling and tripling of bans for everytime you get one IE: receiving a 2 week ban, then shortly after coming off that ban and receiving another 2 week ban for the same thing, the ban doubles to 4 weeks.

Lee it seems your not as keen to run the league as you used to be, which with the way things are at the moment is understandable but all this could be resolved alot more quickly and efficiently. Perhaps its time for a DP team revamp ensuring the league keeps it "backbone" (or you could bring back Hitler, sorry i mean Crewie). This is not a personal dig at yourself lee or the DP team for that fact, but working together you could have avoided all of this. It needed bringing to your attention because peoples opinions about the league are changing every week from good to bad, as no one seems to know where they stand in regard to the rules. Because if they know they can get away with it they will.

So, TNB where do we (the racers) stand.

p.s

Throw away your dodgey ban calculator, its as bad as dippys points calculator lol! Toot!

affro740
affro740
Blue Grade
Blue Grade

Back to top Go down

Whats going on? Empty Re: Whats going on?

Post  Ginge717 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Pck your dummy up and try and fit it back in affro. Funny how you didnt psot a picture of when brad (one of the msn men i may add attacked me off of the infield.) as he should of also been banned but can understand why he wasnt, as he was defedning his title so said to lee it would be very harsh.

As this is clearly a dig to try and get me banned for longer ill now give you a response. The first group of picture it was not completely intentional more just flying back to go on oppo and going the infield route instead which i got rightly banned for. The 2nd group of pictures which include me i was forced on to the dirt part of the infield and as i was going around the corner partly on the dirt part of the infield when you decided to park yourself in the way which i thought was so you could make a complaint... which it clearly was for. Shocked

Lastly stop trying to run a league your not meant to be running. If you dont like it, when your unbanned dont race the league, just like im donig with fnb as like you i think the league is a joke, but for different reasons. Its a game affro, after how long youve been playing it for find it funny you have not yet realised, if you spent that long getting pictures and writing out this post then you really do need to understand how sad you are and how serious you are taking the game which most people try to have a laugh on and not read your moaning essays.

You dont run the league, stop trying to make people do as you say. As ive jsut said, its a game get over yourself. Glad there has been a sudden change of rules and tbh glad i have been rightly banned. But trying to get others banned for petty things becasue there is a sour taste in your mouth is sad.

Sort it out affro, you hate me over a game and you dont know me, proves how serious some take this game.

Ginge

Ginge717
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  523 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:19 am

I have to agree with Affro on this. I tend not to spoil the racing for anyone, but sometimes how the way meetings are being ran is not doing anyone a favour, for example at Coventry a while ago when the Greyhound Race was being ran, everyone sticked to the rules and points were up for grabs. Our very own admin Deano decided to go and do laps on the normal track to catch up with the leader, probably if no-one noticed or mentioned it he'd just drive to the win and claim the points. You can reply with saying this ain't true, or make up other excuses.. Ok, that might be true.. But still, how on earth do you expect other people to take the league seriously when an Admin of a league is doing stuff like that?

Second example is the Icebreaker.. semi-finals are being ran for people to get into the final, Deano's team didn't make it. Oh and suddenly the final is all in. This might just be un-intended, but i think you should really look into stuff like this cause it makes the whole DP-Team look like a circus with the Admins being the clowns! Then Deano went after me the whole final, he has all the rights to do so and take me and the team out, i ain't complaining, this has been an on-going war which i enjoy doing cause it livens up the racing, but when his team mate starts diving for the infield when i try to do it back, and i get done off the infield by others i won't just let it be and will stick it back.

Then i am the only one being banned? 3 weeks after the meeting? When people where all over the track during the meeting and final? Sorry but if i was running a league of this size and history i would be so ashhamed atleast an apoligy would be into place for coming up with this all so late.

Sorry for my english, hope it made sence what i have tried saying.

I do enjoy racing TNB when its being consistant, but rules changing, people being let off bans just by arselicking the DPs, half the people being banned and the other half being let off for being friends with the Admins etc etc really just fucks up your reputation. This might not be all as bad as i put it, but it does actually look like this to people who stand outside the Admin crew or the ongoing warring teams where drivers are regularly being banned from, it makes it all look like 1 big mess, and it aint doing nor the game, nor the league nor the whole racing community anygood.

Many thanks for reading this if you did and loads of kisses.
Ernie 523

Noob Grade
Noob Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  smith226 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 am

Well seem's as everyone else is having a moan, I may as well,

Past month on TNB in my opinion has been the worst I've seen it since I started racing Heat, TNB used to be my favorite league and for me, Any championship on TNB that was also on another league for me was 'the one' to win.

Lately standards have just started slipping, Whether it be peoples driving standards, consistency of the DP team, policing of people swearing in chat etc... I don't see why all of a sudden this is happening, If it's because you can't be bothered to run a league, Why not hand it over to someone else, Or take a break from running it ? Like I said, It 'was' my favorite league, Would be such a shame to see it go to waste over such silly things.

I still can't make sense of my ban, For weeks you've been saying on all book in threads, We're cracking down on people swearing or whatever it is you say, Well now you've only just decided to do so ? And only banning 4-5 drivers ? What's that all about ? As Affro has posted, More have been swearing but it's gone unnoticed ?

That's just another example of the DP team slacking and not being consistent,

Also over the last couple of weeks, People have been braking rules, Replays and complaints have been sent to the DP's and they're blatenly being ignored as nothing's happened ?

Is this really what us as drivers want from a league ? I certainly don't...

Smith Neutral

smith226
White Grade
White Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazza390 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 am

Spose ill join in the fun and put my 2 pence in lol..

Not gonna comment on what Affros put up because i tend to stay out of it all so got nothing to moan about, i feel its a good league and was glad that my life ban expired earlier this year... Wink

However what i will have a moan about is this, since ive come back i think i havent broken any rules on the track Pinning etc, anyway last night i was leading the final with 2/3 laps to go, and someone who is meant to be banned!! (Suicide354) stopped me and got me stuck on the blocks, now it wasnt anything illegal how he took me out, however hes banned!!! So why was he racing? He shouldnt of even been on track and cost me the chance to win the title as well. Now i admit i did swear afterwards because i wasnt impressed so feel free to ban me if you wish but i think its unfair i got stopped by someone who shouldnt have even been there!!

Dazza390
Noob Grade
Noob Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginge717 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:36 am

To be fair daz he probably appealed in chat, as danny got away with his 2 week ban and was wiped clean, as was myne for the swearing part, so rightfully all of the peoples bans should of been wiped which is probably why he was racing.

Ginge717
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalags Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:03 am

I'm sure the Heat community had the same discussion on swearing towards the end of last year (not just about this league).
Pretty certain time and time again everyone agrees on: either police it all the time (i.e from 7pm? onwards in chat till after the last allcomers in server) so everyone gets treated fairly, or just scrap the rule
Unfair on those who get away with it week after week, then someone who's never done wrong on the league (like smithy226 for example) gets a 2 week ban for it silent
All well and good to say you'll be cracking down on it, but it needs to be policed all the time, every week if the rules in place (as when people eventually get banned we get this same old discussion coming up, which it has done now)

As for ontrack antics and stuff being reported, do something about it the week that it happened, not 3 weeks later or ignore it. If the DP members don't have time, find others who do? Obviously people have priorities outside of Heat, but there's 5 on the DP team so surely someone can analyse stuff? (Jay, Dean, HC, Haadee, Lee?) not counting Boss or Crewie as dunno where they stand, not that Crewies raced in the past 2 years anyway lol
Don't think driving standards have gotten any worse lately, but when rules get broken without punishment, it's no wonder more are pushing it to see what they can get away with (Ippy Rovers people where all over the track) And before, someone points it out, no i'm no angel when it comes to keeping it clean on track Razz

TNB also dropping from being my favourite league but for how the meetings are ran more than anything else really; not starting on time and the long waits between each race (although last night was not too bad for the latter)
Just takes the edge off the meeting when it starts at about 8.30 and loads have left before the final because it's around 10ish (11 for the dutch lads)

Do still enjoy TNB (had good fun last night aside all the controversy) and appreciate what the Admin and DP team do, aswell as the server hosts etc, but you're more than capable of running an awesome league as last year showed but it's dropped off as of late (do note TNB got off to an awesome start this season with the non pointers and domestics etc) but the past couple of months just hasn't felt like TNB to me
Dalags
Dalags
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  jay_297 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

to be fair there has only been 3 dp really i my self have only raced twice in last 2 months due to being at court sorting something out no going to say what it was

but i can say this i will be back every meeting now from 7 in chat watching the swearing and rasicm in chat

and i have not had 1 complaint or video sent to me about another driver

if u have a issue with any one send it to me if u prefer

i no not many like me but i will be fair with my desicion

my email is jaythejoker_297@hotmail.com

jay

Last edited by jay_297 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

jay_297
Yellow Grade
Yellow Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryano Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:35 pm

I feel it may be time to wade in with a sensible post for once....something which I'm doing far too often...wheres my sense of humour going.

This is intended to be a post to possibly point to a few issues that the Admin are facing rather than saying that they're rubbish and cant run a league at all...purely because I've faced that in the past and it just disheartens people and makes things worse.

I'll start with the main one that has been bugging me recently, and thats the organisation, which seems to have slipped over the last few months.
The trouble is, Lee turns up at 7:57 after stating that its a 8:00 start, with everyone sat in chat waiting, then it seems like he THEN proceeds to make heats, would it be possible for one of the other Admin members could do that for him as people enter chat, if he's busy as they're not too difficult to make by hand (you can ask me if needs be, keeps me occupied!), then we could start at 8, rather than 20 past or 20 to 9 or whathaveyou.
Then theres the prolonged gaps between races, which appear, from the outside, to be happening for no apparent reason, there probably is a legitimate reason, though those of us who arent running the meeting, arent entirely sure whats going on. Also I generally find the gaps between races a time for the argueing and bitching to flare up, then once its started, it rarely stops.
The gaps to do the points is fair enough, they take time if you do them by hand.
The final point I've noticed with organisation recently is that there seems to be too much of an urgency to go 'all in', just because you can race on the odd occasion with 29, doesnt mean you should, far too much of meetings recently have been spent with us all piling in HC's server, only to leave because it doesnt like many more than 24 and warps to kingdom come! Possibly part of the issue recently is that we've been racing on tracks like Crewe and Ipswich, which were not intended to be Banger tracks and dont really suit them, which makes people think that going all in will improve the racing because its so spread out, it does sometimes but its just the faffing to get the right amount to be all in. I remember when 11 was a good amount in a server and when Jay could hold like 14 and that was groundbreaking!
Oh and if I'm really being a picky arse about things, I guess Lee posts the results (seeing as he posts fresh pictures with them) when he can, I was going to say it only takes 5 minutes to post them, but if you're screenshotting and uploading fresh pics of almost everyone, no wonder the results dont appear till Tuesday!

On a more positive note, the racing has been fine recently, not a great deal has changed in that regard. So I'm not going to mention anything in that regard till later.
The bonus points have worked, I know cos I've been using all sorts of rubbish this year (even if they take 4 months to appear Laughing) !!

Obviously one of the main talking points in TNB recently is the fact that people have put in complaints about certain things yet its only this week that anything has happened, which is bound to make people a bit confused or angry, especially if they have no correspondance. Having had said that, the bans from the British were up before the results....which is a touch bemusing, some of us dont know who won but we know who got banned!!!
(Oh and to whoever posts the bans, post it in English and not text speak, otherwise it looks a touch unprofessional Wink )

On a similar note, some people have been banned for doing one thing but someone else hasnt, swearing being the main one, as pointed out above really. This is easily rectifiable and judging by the bans from Thursday, somethings happening about it, though at stages this year its really extracted the urine with the amount of swearing going on, especially after being told it was being clamped down on.
Saying that, this is aimed to those who race, is it really that hard to refrain from swearing for a few hours, or at least in main chat/server! (Seeing as i frequently tell certain drivers that they're fornicating homosexuals in pm...hi Toward)
Course the infielding is down to the admins perspective on it, because theres so many variables, course someone could be sitting there like a loss on the infield waiting for someone to do it to get them banned, or theres the blatant stuff, or everyone having a dd on the shale etc etc! I wont comment...

I'm guessing the best way to contact the Admin now if you want to, more as a guide for anyone reading who wants to in the future, is by PM on here...purely because HC's been the only one available on MSN or elsewhere recently, Deans had no internet, Jay (i personally) can only contact in TNB meetings, Haadees busy with his real life racing, Crewies disappeared completely because his internet is cack, Boss has been sporadic at best and Lee disappears between meetings and only surfaces to post results.

I'm hoping this has been as helpful as I intended, if not, tell me as I intended to balance all of my arguements with possible answers! Time to get some rest after a tiring weekend away.

Finally, on a personal note, to those who ask me questions about rules and car choices and so on;
I DON'T RUN TNB ANY MORE, IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF SINCE I WAS KICKED OUT!! Laughing
Ryano
Ryano
Star Grade
Star Grade

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakerider713 Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:23 am

Ryano wrote:
Finally, on a personal note, to those who ask me questions about car choices and so on;

Answer yanks, noone can drive them like you do! (sorry for offtopic reaction)

Snakerider713
Red Grade
Red Grade

http://www.fotosnakerider.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee606 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

good post ryan,yep i still have the results to do,so looks like tuesday!

to answer a few questions,267,717,354 all appealled their bans,Im all for giving anyone the benefit of the doubt,I dont want to see people banned so it was agreed at 267 & 354 were changed to suspended and 717 had 2 weeks removed,and that was only because they had the decency to appeal their bans beforehand,no-one else did.otherwise more would have been reduced/suspended.

Affro,717 got the ban in the pictures you posted, nothing was done about others cause no other complaints were rcieved,
only one about someone using the shale to avoid oppo,the results were checked in the heats that were complained about,no points were scored by them,no harm done.

18 got more because he was blatently stupid using a coach mid meeting,he had to be removed from the server,he had no reason to do that,admin agreed to give him that ban.

To answer a few,yes bans have taken a few weeks to appear,but and this is a big but,if you break the rules then its something you should expect.I can gurantee now that they will be swift and prompt from the admin team,Youll only get one chance for language,then your gone.

Id just like to add that some decisions are made on the spot mid meeting (like to go all in),not to benefit anyone person/team but everyone racing,No one is exempt as a member of admin has 2 weeks following the last meeting for breaking the rules.
Lee606
Lee606
TNB Legend
TNB Legend

https://thursdaynightbangers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down